I love one pan dinners. You simply toss all the ingredients in a fat, add flavorings, and throw it in the oven. Come back some time later and all the flavors have melded together into a beautiful array of ingredients.
Romanticism aside this recipe was a hit in our house. It combines all the classic flavors that go with pork into one pan. It is super easy and tastes like a lot of work went into it. Sweet flavors undeniably go well with pork, and that is taken care of by both beets and apples roasted alongside.
Along with the sweetness from apples and beets, we get a lot of flavor from a good amount of lemon juice, roasted red onion, olive oil, good salt, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar over the top. Lets dig in.
- 2 pounds of pork chops, bone in optional
- 2 large beets, chopped
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 1/2 a red onion, roughly chopped
- a teaspoon of dried thyme
- juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling at the end
- preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- in a large bowl toss the pork chops in the lemon juice, thyme, 3 TB olive oil, and salt
- arrange in a single layer in one large rimmed sheet pan or 2 smaller pans (big cast iron works well)
- toss the vegetables in the remaining 2 TB olive oil and lemon juice. arrange around the pork chops in a single layer.
- Roast the pork and veggies for 25 minutes or until the pork chops are 145 degrees in the thickest part and the beets are fork tender.
- Put the pork and veggies under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until everything is browned sufficiently
- Top with fresh ground pepper and balsamic vinegar to taste. Enjoy!
Enjoying recipes like this? Sign up below for weekly blog posts and recipes. Leave any questions or comments below!
Elliot Steele is a Primal Health Coach based in Chelan WA. He strives to empower those looking to regain their health after a lifetime of misinformed practices. This is the essence of Steele Back Your Health, to truly learn how to be healthy with sustainable habits. Check out the coaching and blog page for more info!