Needing something warm for this cold weather? This soup has got you covered. You don’t need any bone broth on hand, because the act of cooking the chicken with the bone in makes it for you. No need to worry about unnecessary carbs, the cauliflower rice swap out has your back. This soup takes about 45 minutes all together and most of that is hands off time. This is the beauty of the Instant Pot…. it does everything at once. Lets dig in.
- 8 cups of water
- 2-3 pounds of bone in chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 1 whole diced onion
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 carrots diced
- 6 ribs of cauliflower diced
- 7 cups of spinach
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- black pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat up a tablespoon of butter or olive oil. Sauté the onions until translucent, 5-8 minutes. Once done add in the garlic, carrots, and celery.
- Once the carrots are slightly tender, add in the water and spices. Once at a simmer add the chicken and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking prep the cauliflower rice. Break the 1/2 head of cauliflower into chunks and put in a blender. Pulse until broken down to rice sized bits. Sauté in a pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- When the time is up on the pressure cooker let open the valve and release the pressure manually. Once the pressure is down, take out the chicken and shred the meat off of the bone. Put the chicken, bell pepper, and spinach into the soup. Simmer until the bell pepper is tender, taste for salt and pepper, and plate over cauliflower rice.
Elliot Steele is a Primal Health Coach based in Chelan WA. He strives to empower those looking to regain their health after a lifetime of misinformed practices. This is the essence of Steele Back Your Health, to truly learn how to be healthy with sustainable habits. Check out the coaching and blog page for more info!