This is a good accompaniment for some other sugar free treats this Christmas (I have some good recipes here and here). Hot chocolate has an ability to make whatever you are doing instantly cozy, or as the danish say hygge .
This was an easy one to make sugar free. After nailing down the cocoa and spice ratio, the only thing left was to figure out the sweetener. This was accomplished with a stevia and erythritol combo. Lets get to it!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- A dash of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol
- 3 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- Melt the butter in the water over low heat. Add in cocoa, vanilla, and spices. Whisk to combine and get out any clumps.
- Once completely mixed in, add in the milk and sweeteners. Heat to serving temp and divide into portions.
- Top with homemade whipped cream. Simply put chilled whipping cream into a bowl, add in cinnamon and vanilla, and whip until stiff peaks form.