Beth and I have been making a ketogenic pumpkin pie every year for a while, but this time I stumbled onto to the perfect combination of ingredients.
It starts out with a simple cinnamon coconut flour pie crust. For a long time I was trying to use almond flour for the crust. This worked out decently, but was always a pain because of the expense of almond flour. Almond flour works when baking low carb, but it’s high cost, high calorie load, and high omega-6 to omega-3 ratio makes it not as attractive an ingredient as coconut flour. The coconut flour crust cuts down both on cost and the overall calorie load. Our recipe is a simple one to make.
The filling is simple, full of flavor, and guaranteed to please even the most discriminating palate. Lets dive into the recipe.
- 1 Coconut Flour Pie Crust
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- 2/3 cup of erythritol
- 1 TB of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- After making the pie crust, lower oven heat to 325 degrees.
- Beat together all of the ingredients until smooth, and poor into the pie crust
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the pie is slightly jiggly in the center and set everywhere else. I chose to put a layer of aluminum foil around the rim of the crust for the first 30 minutes so that it wouldn’t burn. This is optional, you may just have to cut off a few bits of burnt crust after it is done.
- Let cool completely on the counter and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Top with whipped coconut milk, or homade whipped heavy cream.
Macros for 1 serving (serves 12)
- Calories: 157
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 3.9 net carbs
- Fat: 12.8 grams
That’s it everyone. Let us know what you think of the recipe down below, and have a great week! Don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter for recipes like this, videos, coaching deals, and more to get delivered to you every Wellness Wednesday.
Elliot Steele is a Primal Health Coach based in Chelan WA. He strives to empower those looking to regain their health after a lifetime of misinformed practices. This is the essence of Steele Back Your Health, to truly learn how to be healthy with sustainable habits. Check out the coaching and blog page for more info!